Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blocks and Filters

I think that all the filters and blocks are good on a curtain level. There are certain web sites that shouldn't be blocked that are. We have a the reguest tool doesn't seem to work unless the whole class sends in a reguest. I understand that the computer guy jim must be busy but he told us he would unlock these sites with in twenty four hours. I'v tried to unlock several different sites that help me with other classes. With out those sites classes are made even more difficult and causing me to struggle. I'm starting to have to do some work at home and my computer is so slow it take twice as long to finish my work. The filters are becoming even more of an issue than a solution.

Teachers are always telling us that what ever we can do on the computers can be tracked back to us. So instead of having a bunch of filters and issues just moniter the really bad sites and catch the kids after they preform the crime. Some people say the best way to learn is by failure and if that is true we need to let us students do that.

4 comments:

ParrottBay said...

thats a good idea

MCVeDepo said...

I love the idea of catching students after the fact. It could be very difficutlt to get in place and to monitor all those students and websites but if we make the punishment serious enough then others won't do it for fear of being caught. I like the plan

Dr. P said...

That sounds like a pretty good solution to the problem. Hold students accountable for their actions.

Raul said...

I agree